Happy Saturday Peaches!
I am currently blogging with one hand and feeding Anna with the other so who knows when you will actually see this. But today I want to dive into the process with you all. The nitty gritty of the journey…
I am one to love social media and my favorite in particular is Instagram.
And I am now falling in love with Snapchat thanks to my friend Angela Rogers who introduced me to it a few weeks ago.
I love to follow people that I find inspiring on Instagram, BUT I know that this picture that I see is not the whole story! Even when there is a story attached, I am not fooled. I know that behind that pic is a real person doing real life things. We see the results and the smiles, but what we don’t see is the struggle and it is easy to be fooled into thinking the process was all fun and games.
So today, I am going to share with you my real life things. On Monday, I will finish Insanity Max 30 and then I will share with you my results from this 60 day program. It hasn’t been too difficult because my mind is set on my goal and I know that the process of achieving it isn’t an easy one. But, if your mind isn’t set on your goal, and you have not prepared yourself to push through discomfort, you will be caught off guard and likely give up. So here is a peak into how my weight loss journey has played out the past 3 months.
- When I first started Insanity Max 30, I couldn’t do ANY of the exercises the way they were doing them. I had to modify EVERYTHING. I couldn’t do one push-up and I couldn’t do any of the jumping exercises.
- When I first got back into working out after having Anna, my weight didn’t change for over A MONTH even though my eating was almost perfect and I was totally getting my butt kicked in my work-outs.
- Some days I am so tired I can hardly see but I know if I don’t exercise during Anna’s morning nap, there will not be another chance.
- I still can’t do some of the exercises on Insanity Max 30.
- Some weeks, my weight won’t change at all.
- My basement is where I workout. It is REALLY messy and REALLY dirty. I touch the floor with my hands and even my whole body. I feel really disgusting when I’m done haha.
- Sometimes I have to stop in the middle of the workout to take care of Anna and then go back and do the rest.
- I pee my pants during every workout.
So the whole thing is pretty messy………. But don’t lose heart!
At the same time…..
- It feels so good to work hard!
- It feels so good to move!
- It feels so good to get closer and closer to my goal!!!
- It feels good to know that I am making my myself healthier each day!
- It feels so good make healthy choices instead of giving into bad ones all the time!
- It feels so good to know that these are things that will help me in old age as well as now.
- It feels so good to be on the other side of “I am going to…..”
- It feels so good to find out that I can do more than I thought!
- It feels so good to be DOING.
So if you are making a change or beginning a new program on Monday, get your head in the game first! It’s a long road but a rewarding one for sure!
What is a discomfort you experience in your journey and how do you push through it?